A Snapshot of Lung Health in the USA
It is shocking to read key statistics concerning lung health shared by the American Lung Association.
- Every 4 minutes, someone dies from lung cancer in the USA
- Asthma affects nearly 25 million Americans, including 5 million children
- COPD is the fourth leading cause of death
- 3.6 million young people are vaping
A Gala for Good
Vitalograph’s USA team attended the American Lung Association‘s Lung Force Gala, at Kansas City Chiefs NFL Football at Arrowhead Stadium recently. They celebrated Champions for Lung Health. The evening itself was full of fun and surprises including the opportunity to “Live Like a Kansas City CHIEF”. They are a leading light and we fully support their vision of a world free of lung disease. We were proud to support the Gala initiative as a premium sponsor.
Vitalograph USA was well represented, with Mark Russell, Troy Pridgeon, Tammy Pflumm-James, Sondra Agee Mc Cully, Norma Garlington, Mary Admire, Jenny Samson, Angela Hobbs, Tory Cramer and Jennifer Watson all in attendance.
- 450 people attended and raised over $300,000.
- Over 90% money raised stays in the Greater Kansas City area to support the hundreds of thousands of people living with lung disease.
- 90 cents of every dollar goes toward education, advocacy and research to improve lung health
Congratulations to everyone involved in this titan fundraising effort!