Brought to you by RT Magazine, we were delighted to present this webinar in collaboration with Thorasys. We explored the different types of complementary respiratory diagnostics that together bring a new level of insight and understanding of respiratory conditions.
Asthma is a major respiratory condition and the most common chronic disease among children in the world. Globally, more than a quarter of a billion people suffer from asthma, and in 2019, it caused 455,000 deaths1. With no cure available, proper diagnosis and disease management is essential to patient outcomes and quality of life.
Recorded as a live webinar on September 28, 2023 by RT Magazine, pulmonary physician and asthma expert David A. Kaminsky, MD discussed effective and successful diagnosis and treatment of asthma, including:
- Understanding the key role of spirometry in asthma diagnosis and learn what complementary diagnostic tests can be used to help reach a diagnosis and assess a condition
- Examining how fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) can improve asthma diagnosis and treatment
- Exploring the relatively new technique of oscillometry and how it may supplement spirometry in asthma diagnosis
- Discussing how spirometry, FeNO, and oscillometry together may enhance the care of patients with asthma.
The 60-min presentation was followed by a question and answer session with audience-submitted questions.
1. World Health Organization Asthma Factsheet 2023